O LORD, make haste to help me

Six years ago, when I started this blog, my first post was a prayer.  Now, after falling more or less silent for over a year, I find I would like to start blogging again, but I am afraid. Perhaps I should start yet another new blog, but that hasn't gone too well. I had such high hopes in starting this one, it has probably been a good thing that I haven't had much to say this past year. I am still waiting on the peer review reports on my book manuscript--it has been almost a year since I sent it in. I don't know whether this is usual in academic publishing for books, but it is still par for the course on articles. I have tried to keep writing this past year, and in fact have finished several other shorter pieces, but I am losing heart.  There is nothing worse for a writer than feeling like nobody is listening, nobody understands. My husband once told me that the Virgin Mary told him that she was my only proper audience. I need to keep writing for her. So, here is my prayer for today.

Help me, Mary.  I am losing heart.  


Comments

  1. For whatever it's worth, I read your article 'Three-in-one: Making God in twelfth-century liturgy, theology, and devotion' the other day. I haven't yet made up my mind about whether I agree, but it's one of the most thought-provoking (and enjoyable) pieces I have read in some time. When I told my supervisor about it the other day, his response was, 'Oh, yes, we all think she's the cat's pyjamas.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat's pyjama's?! That is high praise! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my blog post. I look forward to hearing what you think!

F.B.

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Reaction

How to Be God-Right

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version