How to Begin, Step One: Finish Something


My first knitting project since the year my son was born, finished last night while watching vintage episodes of Miami Vice.*  Okay, so it's a scarf, the needles are huge, and I haven't blocked it yet.  But it's off the needles and that's something, particularly given that I started it over a year ago.  (And, no, it didn't take me that long to make; I knitted most of it in the past week or so.)

*Which, given that I did not have a television for most of the 1980s, were entirely new to me.  To think that they were considered gritty in their day!  Television has definitely changed since.**

**Mostly for the better, but it's fun seeing so many greats (Bruce Willis, Ed O'Neill, Edward James Olmos) early in their careers, before anybody had actually learned to act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Reaction

How to Be God-Right

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics