Enlightenment

All my life, I have believed that it was wrong to try to do something that you couldn't do easily at first (a.k.a. "had talent for").

All my life, I have believed that it was wrong to say what I really thought or, worse, "put myself forward."

All my life, I have believed that the world was a dangerous place filled with people you couldn't trust and events you must be prepared for lest you fail or die.

All my life, I have believed that to have something nice I would need to deserve it, that is, behave in a certain way, otherwise it would be wrong to have or expect good things.

All my life, I have believed that other people know better than I do how I should behave.

All my life, I have believed that it was my fault if I felt awkward or uncomfortable about doing something other people thought I should.

All my life, I have believed that it was wrong to feel anything other than happy.

All my life, I have believed that the reasons I had difficulty being the person that I wanted to be was because I was somehow broken and always had been.

All my life, I have believed that it was important above all not to be any trouble, but that more often than not, that's what I was.

Not.

Any.

More.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chivalry Our Lord's-Style, ca. A.D. 33

Talking Points: Three Cheers for White Men

Make the Middle Ages Dark Again

Free Speech Fundamentals: Building a Platform

God's Fools